Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cali Adventures

It cost me $71.48 to fill up my gas tank in San Jose, CA yesterday… $4.16/gallon. I just about fainted.

Speaking of fainting… If you don’t like scary movies, say “no” to No Country for Old Men. I lasted for all of 15 minutes, ten of which were spent with my fingers in my ears, doing the 7 year-old hum thing. Absolutely terrifying!

Did you know that people still ride skateboards everywhere in Cali? It’s just like in the old Pauley Shore movies and on 90210 (the original) where they zoom around campus, the mall, the airport... You name the place and there is someone on four mini-wheels.

Inspired by this culture, I told Mike I wanted to learn to skateboard while we are here. He thought I was joking. I also mentioned it to my mom who immediately went into a long safety speech. Their pessimism only makes me want to learn to skateboard that much more! I think I might ask my neighbor for lessons next week!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

You've got the legs for skateboarding, that's for sure. I say you go for it!

Missy said...

Hello there...remember me? I have been calling you and emailing you, but haven't gotten any responses. I hope our means of communicating hasn't come down to this, blog comments. Please call me!

Mollie Perez said...

Ok so the gas is wayyy tooo expensive out there...YOU NEED TO COME HOME! I miss you sooo much ash!

Unknown said...

You need to also say 'duuuuude!' a LOT, and mess up that blonde hair... then you'll be set for the skateboard thing...