Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random updates on life at "The Box"

Mike's car broke down last Thursday (while I was out of town). Since we live within walking distance of campus, he decided to wait and take it in after I got back. Ironically, when we jumped in my car (Monday morning) to take his car to the repair shop, mine would not start either! ARGH! $303.00 later I am cruising once again, however; Mike's Honda is still at the car-doctor's. The mechanic actually just called a few minutes ago. He was talking about a timing belt, muffler pipe and high quality spark plugs. It all sounded expensive and foreign to me so I just said yes, hung up the phone and went and poured a glass of wine...


Big news!!! Mike and I are in the process of buying a house. I can't share many of the details yet (we won't close until the end of May and I don't want to jinx anything), but I can tell you it is absolutely adorable and we are both very excited. Things that I can share:
- The house is in Greensboro.
- It has enough bedrooms to raise a family in (yes mom, that means we are starting to think about your grandchildren).
- I would describe it as cottage-bungalow... Lots of character and very charming.

For those of you who I told we were going hiking this weekend, unfortunately it was a no-go. The weather here was terrible (see pic taken from front door below). That being said, it did snow this morning! Waking up to a snowy ground always makes me smile.

4 comments:

Susan D. said...

That is so exciting! I hope it's in our 'hood! : )

Missy said...

Love the random update :) I miss you :( please call me!

Stacy and Chuck Burch said...

So excited to hear that Greensboro is in your plans!!! That means that you will be back at book club all of the time! Yeah! Stacy

Mollie Perez said...

Makes my year to hear you are moving to the boro!