Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thoughts from 5505

Things I absolutely love:
- Having a garage and a garage door opener
- Watching the golf crew groom the course in the early morning
- Addie's new favorite spot (on the back of the couch looking out the front window)
- The little surprises people have been leaving on our front porch
- Learning how to light the pilot on a hot water heater
- Hanging art work
- Great neighbors (Carrie and Gary, you have been amazing!)
- Opening and using long-stored wedding gifts
- Sitting on the front porch with Mike

Things I am not so fond of:

- The mouse I saw run across the floor of our garage
- Having to cook on an electric stove
- Our giant couch that we cannot manage to get upstairs
- Wallpaper

Things I am still unsure about:

- The wild foxes that run across our yard
- Organizing closets

5 comments:

Missy said...

Call me, call me! I'll be in town soon and I want to see you!!!!!!

JaclynJohnson said...

I absolutely HATE wallpaper! Our first house had it in every other room, and it was terrible to remove! Congrats on the house....maybe I'll see you at the Adams Farm Teeter grocery shopping soon. :-)

Mollie Perez said...

the girls and i can't wait to come see your new house....i want a glass of wine on that great front porch! Love it, love you, LOVE that you are in G'vegas!

Susan D. said...

So happy that you are both under the same roof in the same city & it sounds like a great house! We have plenty of scrapers and Downy works wonders on removing wallpaper!

Unknown said...

30 seconds with Jen and she'd convince you of the magnificence of closet organization solutions.

Congrats on 'normal' life!