Monday, June 20, 2011

Tamyshaku

Day 3 with no shower...

We made it through a very wet night in a small town called Tamyshaku and managed to pack-up camp and trek through the muddy streets back to our boat. Before we boarded, we stopped by a small preschool and took a quick tour of a local farm. Everyone was a little quiet. I think the jungle has worn all of us thin.

We had high hopes when we heard we where staying in a hotel tonight. Oh, it sounded so promising! Unfortunately, my two roomies had cold showers and by the time it was my turn all of the water had completely run out.

The kids are still doing amazingly well. I have not heard one complaint about these challenging living conditions. Quite often, it's their positive attitudes that keep me going strong.


 Where we slept last night (in the pouring rain)

A preschool we visited

A local woman and her banana shop

The town gas station

The friendly attendant who "pumps" gas with a used soda bottle

No comments: