Thursday, May 21, 2009

Love is Truth

When I walked into my parents house tonight after a LONG three days filled with work, fun, more work and more fun, I was a little surprised to see my dad with dinner plates in-hand...

It was a random Wednesday night, and it was after eleven o'clock... Why was he still cooking dinner?

Oh my gosh - it is their anniversary! My dad has a candle-lit dinner going out in the garden and not only have I forgotten the occasion, but I have just walked right up into the middle of it...

My dad immediately invites me to join them (just as they have done with the other friends who happened to drop by on this "random" Wednesday night).

So my parents' 29th wedding anniversary ended up filled/crashed with love, fantastic food, wonderful wine and lots of friends.

Mama and Pops, thank you for loving each other through so much. You have taught me how to live and how to love at the same time. I know I am your younger, less-experienced daughter but I am proud of you and admire you more than you will EVER know.

No comments: