Sunday, July 5, 2009

Good news, bad news...

I have been trying to figure out how to get a leather couch (temporarily stranded in our breakfast nook) up to our playroom for weeks now.

There were a couple of significant obstacles standing in my way: 1) the fact that my husband has grown to love the "kitchen couch" - he claims that it is a great place for him to sit while I cook dinner and 2) the two super-strong mover dudes who helped us bring everything else into our new home were unsuccessful at getting the very same couch up the very same stairway.

So a couple nights ago, I hatched a plan... I was going to buy one of those giant rolls of saran wrap from Costco, wrap the couch, take the feet and screws out of the bottom and remove the weird foldy-door that separates our back stairs from our back hallway. Then I was going to put a blanket on the ground, flip the couch on its end and push it to the back stairs. At this point one of two things would happen. It would slide through the door with ease, I would flip it back on its side and push it up the stairs on my own or Mike would catch on to what I was doing. Seeing how far along I was in the process, my hope was that he would help me maneuvre the couch the rest of the way up the back steps.

The "good news" part of this post is that my plan worked perfectly! We now have a very comfy, leather couch upstairs, which means lots of room for a table in our cute little breakfast nook. Yippee!

The "bad news" part of this post is that my hubby is coming down with a cold and I suck at playing nurse. I just had the same cold and battled through it. Sympathy, in these cases, is not my strong suit. If any fellow wives out there have words of wisdom and/or inspiration I am all ears! After all, he did help rescue the stranded playroom couch!

No comments: