Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Bad Day...

Ever had one of those days when things just are not going your way? That epitomizes the last 24 hours for me...

After a walk with Addie last night I tried to turn my cell phone on. (I always carry it with me, turned off and tucked in my sports bra in case of an emergency.) Anyway, I went to turn the thing back on and nothing happened. I tried plugging the wall charger into it and turning it on, nothing. I tried taking the battery in and out, in and out, in and out; still nothing. I took it out to my car and tried charging it with the car charger - nothing!!! I even tried beating it on the counter... Still nothing.

Since then there has still been no sign of life with the phone. And, because I have scheduled to terminate my contract with Verizon and move to AT&T, they will not give me a new phone. AT&T supposedly has a phone in the mail to me... I waited with baited breath all day for the mail to arrive - it finally came and no new phone. Working from home without phone and without a spouse (Mike's in San Fran) is not easy!

As if all of this isn't complicated enough I had two more technical malfunctions today... I was vacuuming over lunch and somehow I blew a fuse. After finally locating the fuse box (or whatever that thing is called) I could not get it to open. I had pliers, a screwdriver, everything you could imagine trying to pry the darn thing open. Unlike the phone, I eventually got into it and restored my electricity. Yay and thank goodness!

Then to top it all off, I was headed to a much needed yoga class and my car wouldn't start. It makes a noise, but won't "catch." So now I am stranded without a car, without a phone, and without a spouse...

Since there is no one else I can talk to about it, I thought I would use my blog to whine.

Mike comes home from San Francisco tomorrow morning. I'm drinking wine and getting to bed asap in anticipation of his (rescue) return!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm glad you had a glass of wine to get you through! Maybe today will be a better day.

Amy G said...

You poor thing - what a horrible day! Hopefully the weekend will bring happy delights :)