Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Proud to be an American




Regardless of political affiliation, most would agree yesterday was a shining moment for our country. A day of camaraderie and patriotism, both here and abroad. I appreciated Obama's emphasis on taking personal responsibility for our government and I was inspired by his focus on traditional values. He said that our challenges may be new, along with the tools we use to meet those challenges. However, "honesty and hard work, courage and fair play, tolerance and curiosity, loyalty and patriotism... These things are old; these things are true." I could not agree with you more Mr. President.

I have traveled to many places where people are far less fortunate than we. It is because we are Americans that "our capacity remains undiminished." I believe we are keepers of a legacy, that our ancestors do have something to tell us, and that leadership by example is the most powerful form of influence known to man.

No comments: