Thursday, February 1, 2007

A full plate...


Mike and I are 16 days away from saying "I do" so the wedding buzz is in full force. I have florists, bakers, restaurants, photographers, churches, and about 300 other people who all need information galore... It's a wonder I haven't lost my head yet.

That being said, there are a lot of other exciting things on the horizon as well that are helping to keep me sane.

1. We secured a date for the 6th annual Dustin's GreenHouse Hope Grows Here Golf Tournament. (Mark your calendars; it is October 1st - Dustin's birthday.)
2. The Junior League has also approved a golf tournament - our first - which will be held at Greensboro Country Club on May 11th. It's a co-ed event that will raise money for community projects. It's also a great social outlet for League members and their friends and family. (Did I mention that I'm in charge of planning this event?)
3. The GreenHouse Globetrotters will be heading back to Ecuador in July. We will be sailing around the Galapagos Islands for a week and then partnering with Habitat for Humanity on a build project in rural Ecuador for a week. We have 26 student applications. We will pick apx. 15 of these for interviews and then make final selections by the end of February. After that our 2007 Globetrotter team will be off and running. This year our curriculum includes internships, community service, Spanish classes, scuba and swim classes, and much, much more.
4. Suzanne Caudle is one recipient of a teacher scholarship for 2007. She is a science teacher at Ragsdale, and I actually had her in high school. Kind-of special that we are reconnecting for a scholarship trip.
5. On a wedding note, I am taking dance lessons with my dad and Mike. My dad and I are learning the Rumba and Mike and I are perfecting our shag. All of our lessons are at the Fred Astaire Studio, which meets every stereotype of a professional dance studio I had ever seen on tv. There is an Elivs look alike, a latin lover, a couple of gorgeous girls, and a gay guy or two... The whole thing has been a blast; I might have found a new favorite hobby.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I swear, you are the busiest person I know!