Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wild, Wild Weekend...


If you haven’t already heard, our first married weekend together was wild with excitement. Around eleven o’clock on Saturday night Mike was “crutching” himself down the hall and screamed back to the kitchen, “Oh my gosh honey come quick!” When I cam around the corner I saw a pool of water pouring out from underneath our toilet, up through the drain in our tub, and spilling into both bedrooms in our house. I am not joking; there was literally a lake inside. Long story short, our landlord came over, we got a plumber on the phone and the three of us stayed up until almost 3:00am pulling “items” out of a pipe in the front yard. (To be completely fair, I didn’t pull anything out of anywhere. I sat behind the glass storm door and shrieked at every thing that came up.) Finally, above the shrieking noise of the plumber’s machine, I heard a voice scream, “I’ve hit something.” Next thing I know there is a giant, and I mean giant snake looking things being pulled out of this small pipe. Ends up it was a tree root that had grown into our water and sewage line… The thing was like ten feet long and four inches in diameter… Huge! So next week, while Mike and I are on our honeymoon, the plumber is coming back (with his team) and digging up our front yard. They have to lay new pipes, replace our toilet, and install a new faucet. Crazy huh!


P.S. If you look closely you will see the root that came out of our pipe...

2 comments:

Missy said...

Holy crap! That root looks scary, almost like a living creature. Good thing it didn't come up through your toilet, could you imagine?!!

Unknown said...

Oh Ash,
I am so sorry to hear that. I'm so glad you shared the visual of you shrieking--I would have been doing the saaaaame thing!
Have fun on your honeymoon!
Emily