Sunday, January 27, 2008

So long Project Runway...


I woke up this morning and decided today would be the day that I would teach myself how to sew. Yes, you read that right. S-E-W! Anyway, to kick off my "designer" adventure, I headed to the local fabric store and made a bee-line for the sale rack. Truth be told, I had no idea what I was going to try and make... I thought I'd let the fabric dictate that decision. And it did. I found this cute, harvest colored sweater fabric. It was funky, kind-of 70's-ish. And while it was not something I would ever wear, dress Mike in (ha) or hang in our home, I thought it would look adorable on my sweet Addie. I bought 3 1/2 yards, some thread and headed home.

That was at 3:30pm and I am still without a quality finished product. It took me a good two hours to figure out how to thread the bobbin, the lower and upper needles - this stuff is freaking complicated! Then I made two serious attempts at a doggie sweater - results are above. One looks like an oddly shaped placemat. The other was a little closer, but it turned out so miniature that it wouldn't even fit over Addie's head. Guess I am a lot further away from Project Runway that I thought... Sad.

4 comments:

Missy said...

WOW! That is all I have to say :) I'll have to post my projects soon.

Christina Soto said...

Oh, Ashlie, this made me laugh! Your sewing skills sound/look like mine! ;)
Christina

Mollie Perez said...

You'll have to get a lesson from Christina's husbandJon like I did! He's a pro! His mother was a tailor and he learned from her! After a lesson from him, I made Caroline's curtains! Precious!

The Ueltschey's said...

LOL...that is the funniest thing I have ever read.