Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prayers Needed

I have been looking for one of our GreenHouse girls for a couple days now and have finally tracked her down. She has an amazing guidance counselor who also keeps an eye on her. Here is a copy of the email I received from Cheryl this morning:

Hi Ashlie,
I just talked with "Missing Student"... They had to move to a new apartment because the apartments they were in are to be torn down. She missed a couple of days of school to help mom move.

I called the Driver’s Ed School today and they said since she had missed 2 days, she would just have to start over another time so you won’t need to pick her up. "Missing Student" was in here when I called so she knows too.

Step-dad is to get out of jail next month, after 3 years, and will be coming back home. Mom is addicted to Vicodin and will be going to rehab when Dad comes home. They were in court yesterday and, instead of jail, mom has been ordered to rehab.

She is still excited about the trip this summer and I think at this point, it is the only bright light in all of this.

Just wanted to catch you up. She gave me her Uncle's number (who is temporarily out of jail) if we need to get in touch with her.


Please keep this young lady, and all of our girls in your prayers. I cannot begin to imagine what my view of the world would look like if I had to wake up to this type of reality every day.

No comments: